Click Here for a printable $320 enrollment/registration form.
The 2-day Pit and Fissure Sealants course is a California Dental Board approved course which fulfills the certification requirements for an RDA’s renewing an RDA license, and/or RDA’s seeking to perform pit and fissure sealant on patients in a dental office. Upon completing this course, the graduate will earn a certificate in Pit and Fissure Sealants.
- Bring protective eyewear. Gloves and mask will be provided.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Must be RDA(send copy of RDA License) or
- DA qualified to take the RDA exam. DA must send with registration copies of:
- Current CPR card(AHA or ARC)
- California 8-hour Infection Control Certificate
- California Dental Practice Act
- Radiation Safety Certificate
- Coronal Polish Certificate
- Student MUST complete on-line training and pass on-line quizzes BEFORE DAY TWO.
- Student must wear scrubs, wear hair pulled back above collar, and not wear open-ended footwear.
This is a 2-day class:
Day One: On-line training and home study. Students will learn the theory and application of pit and fissure sealants procedures including tooth morphology, dental anatomy, materials and applications, and infection control during procedures. On-line training and quizzes MUST be completed before Day Two.
Day Two will be scheduled after Day One on-line training is complete. After a written exam at the beginning of class, the student will learn the step-by-step procedure of pit and fissure sealant placement on a typodont/manikin. Student will use a typodont/manikin to practice tooth preparation, moisture control, application of the correct amount of sealant, and bite articulation. After clinical proficiency is established, the student will apply pit and fissure sealants on a total of 16 virgin teeth(teeth without restorations). The student will provide a minimum of four(4) patients to place pit and fissure sealants. Two of the four clinical live patients shall serve as the student’s clinical final examination. This will fulfill the California Dental Board requirements for the student to receive the Pit and Fissure Certificate.
The student will provide a minimum of four(4) patients meeting the following requirements:
- Each patient should have a minimum of four (4) virgin non-restored natural posterior teeth (bicuspids and or molars) for application of pit and fissure sealants.
- Each patient must have one tooth for each quadrant of the mouth to satisfy the minimum number of virgin non-restored posterior teeth to be sealed per patient.
- Minimum age of patient is 12 years, but recommended age of patient is 18 years of age or older.
- If the student cannot provide clinical patients meeting the minimum requirements on Day Two, the student can schedule the patients to be done in our facility on a different day.