2-Unit California Dental Practice Act Online Course for DDS, RDH, RDA/OAP (Initial Application & Renewal) License Renewals
Dental Board of California Provider number: RP5695
This course is presented pursuant to the Dental Board of California requirement that each licensee must take a minimum 2-unit course in California Dental Law during each 2-year license renewal period.
This online course has been developed in accordance with the California Code of Regulations Section 1600 to provide the most current information on California Dental Practice Act and is approved by the Dental Board of California for 2 Units.
This coursework does not interpret or make comment upon the law, but presents a condensed version of the State of California statutes which constitute the Dental Practice Act.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
– Understand the roles and responsibilities of the dentist and dental auxiliaries in California.
– Understand the laws in California regarding licenses in dentistry.
– Understand the difference between direct and indirect supervision and be able to define auxiliary responsibilities in each category.
– Understand and know the governing agencies of the dental profession and define their functions.
– Understand consequences of violation of the Dental Practice Act and attending regulations.
– Understand citations, fines, revocation, and suspension of licenses.
– Review the laws pertaining to prescribing of drugs.
– Understand the statutes related to license renewal.
– Be able to find the yearly updates of the Dental Practice Act.
– Be able to summarize the California Dental Practice Act.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION
YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PRINT CERTIFICATE UPON COMPLETION OF COURSE.