Requirement for OAP
Click Here for a printable $225 enrollment/registration form.
This 8-hour course offers complete instruction in the use of the ultrasonic scaler by the RDA or OAP candidate in an orthodontic environment. OC Dental Specialists is a California Dental Board-approved course provider that certifies students in Ultrasonic Scaling and upon completion of our course we will issue an Ultrasonic Scaling certificate to the student.
The student will be trained and become proficient in removing excess cement from coronal surfaces of orthodontically-banded teeth. This course is 4 hours of on-line and in-class lecture, and 4 hours of lab and clinical work. This Dental Board-approved course fulfills the state board requirements for certification of RDA and OAP candidate teeth in Ultrasonic Scaling.
- Bring protective eyewear. Gloves and mask will be provided.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Must be RDA(send copy of RDA License) or
- DA qualified to take the OAP exam. DA must send with registration copies of:
- Current CPR card(AHA or ARC)
- California 8-hour Infection Control Certificate.
- California Dental Practice Act
- Orthodontic Assistant course certificate
- Student MUST complete on-line training and pass on-line quizzes BEFORE CLINIC DAY.
- Student must wear scrubs, wear hair pulled back above collar, and not wear open-ended footwear.
- Must be able to communicate in English
- Must be licensed as an RDA
- Must possess the necessary requirements for application for OAP licensure.