2-Unit Infection Control Online CE Course for DDS, RDH, RDA/RDAEF/OAP License Renewals
Dental Board of California Provider number: RP5695
This course is presented pursuant to the Dental Board of California requirement that each licensee must take a minimum 2-unit course in Infection Control during each 2-year license renewal period.
This online course has been developed in accordance with the California Code of Regulations Section 1005 to provide the most current information on infection control practices and principles and is approved by the Dental Board of California for 2 Units.
**Please note: COURSE MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 7 (SEVEN) DAYS OF PURCHASE. NON-REFUNDABLE IF COURSE IS COMPLETED OR AFTER 7 (SEVEN) DAYS OF PURCHASE.**
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
– Understand and describe the impact of healthcare-associated infections in the dental setting.
– Understand methods designed to identify, manage, and prevent infectious and commutable diseases, including blood borne pathogens, in dental healthcare workers.
– Understand “chain of infection” and present strategies for prevention and control of pathogens.
– Understand the responsibility of dental healthcare professionals to adhere to scientifically accepted principles and practices of infection control.
– Understand and describe the proper use of infection control principles and practices for cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization in the dental office.
– Describe the dental practice controls used to reduce dental patient and dental healthcare worker exposure to potentially infectious materials.
– Summarize methods used to prevent dental patient and dental healthcare worker contact with infectious materials.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION
YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PRINT CERTIFICATE UPON COMPLETION OF COURSE.