2-Unit Infection Control Online CE Course for DDS, RDH, RDA/RDAEF/OAP License Renewals
Dental Board of California Provider number: RP5695
This course is presented pursuant to the Dental Board of California requirement that each licensee must take a minimum 2-unit course in Infection Control during each 2-year license renewal period.
This online course has been developed in accordance with the California Code of Regulations Section 1005 to provide the most current information on infection control practices and principles and is approved by the Dental Board of California for 2 Units.
**Please note: COURSE MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 7 (SEVEN) DAYS OF PURCHASE. NON-REFUNDABLE IF COURSE IS COMPLETED OR AFTER 7 (SEVEN) DAYS OF PURCHASE. A PASSING SCORE OF 100% IS NEEDED TO COMPLETE THE COURSE (STUDENT MAY RETAKE THE TEST UP TO 10 TIMES).**
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
– Understand and describe the impact of healthcare-associated infections in the dental setting.
– Understand methods designed to identify, manage, and prevent infectious and commutable diseases, including blood borne pathogens, in dental healthcare workers.
– Understand “chain of infection” and present strategies for prevention and control of pathogens.
– Understand the responsibility of dental healthcare professionals to adhere to scientifically accepted principles and practices of infection control.
– Understand and describe the proper use of infection control principles and practices for cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization in the dental office.
– Describe the dental practice controls used to reduce dental patient and dental healthcare worker exposure to potentially infectious materials.
– Summarize methods used to prevent dental patient and dental healthcare worker contact with infectious materials.
CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION
YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PRINT CERTIFICATE UPON COMPLETION OF COURSE.
Instructions on how to access Online Course (Only for 2-unit courses and OAP Exam practice test):
After a successful purchase, you will receive an email from OCDA/TalentLMS with your log-in information. Please check your spam folder if you have not received an email. To access the online course, go to http://ocda.talentlms.com/
If you have any problems accessing the online course, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (855)665-4200. All emails and calls received after office hours will be responded to on the next business day.